Saturday, April 05, 2014

Smile 5/100 Fresh

Every three weeks there is a little smile when I get to open a new set of these...LOL. Fresh contacts feel great. I probably could go a whole month, but as soon as I start to feel that my eyes just don't feel that clean, I figure it is better safe than sorry, and I change out my contacts.

I wear Acuvue Oasys contacts which are pretty comfortable disposables. I don't wear them at night so I get a little bit longer out of them than if I wore them 24 hours. I change to my glasses right before bed, or a bit earlier if I know I am going to be doing nothing but computer work for the rest of the night. I don't mind my glasses, but I can't wear them on a daily basis when doing yardwork or exercising as they get in the way.

I first got glasses when I was in college when I started noticing that the words on the board in my lectures were hard to read. I didn't end up doing contacts until about a year later when I realized that the glasses were just super uncomfortable and inconvenient for doing exercise.

I took this picture in our bathroom this morning when I was doing the change out. I took it with our Fuji Finepix f50 and then editded it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
____________________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...Loving The New Contacts

No comments: