Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Smile 2/100 Errand Treat

I think it started in Japan...because we needed to pay most bills face to face, and we were paid in USD, but needed to pay bills in yen...bill paying became a monthly errand day. This usually fell near payday and the beginning of the month since that was when rent and utilities were due.

So after payday, I would withdraw the amount we needed for bills in dollars from the bank and then go to Jusco to exchange the dollars for yen. Jusco had several machines that looked like ATMs that exchanged money and they had one of the best exchange rates in the town we lived in.

After I had done the exchange, I would usually go to this sushi-go-round place called Gorume Kaiten Sushi for lunch and as a treat for all the errand running still left in the day. We loved that place...you could get pretty good sushi for a decent price very quickly so it made for a great grab and go kind of day.

Now that we aren't in Japan doesn't mean that "errand treating" had to end. Now it has become somewhat of a Pavlovian thing for me...LOL. So I was out running a lot of errands...Target for toiletries, the mall to pay a bill, Trader Joe's and Winco for groceries, Michael's for yarn for a project I am doing for my grandmother, and REI for a county parking pass and a little window shopping. While in that area, I decided the sushi restaurant would be my stop for lunch.

I ordered the sashimi combo with edemame and ocha...it was the perfect errand treat! The sashimi combo was tuna, salmon and yellowtail...yum, yum.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash but the macro enabled.  I edited the image in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
_______________________________

Nine Years Ago on In My Words...Full Feeling

No comments: