Sunday, April 13, 2014

Smile 13/100 Lilacs

We have two lilac bushes on the side of the yard...unfortunately for them, they don't get quite as much sun as they probably would like, but they still bloom pretty well.

This weekend when we were doing some work on the fence on that side of the house, we had to actually tie the bushes back temporarily to get them out of our way. Near the end of the day, I remembered that I hadn't untied them, so I took some clippers out and after I took off the tie, I cut some branches to bring into the house.

The smell in the house has been fabulous ever since. When I was a kid, there were lilacs along one side of the house my parents were renting and even though lilacs bloom in spring, for some reason, I always associate the smell with summer.

I took this picture in our dining room with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and to add a fuzzy border.
___________________________________

Eight Years Ago on In My Words...Perfume Creme Updated

No comments: