Thursday, April 17, 2014

Smile 17/100 Dark Blue Iris

This iris is in the front yard in the little bed next to the big rocks. It is a dark bluish purple and it so pretty. It is a little bit hid behind a little tree that is in growing out of that same bed but as the tree gets bigger, I am sure it will be more visible.

Last spring was the first time I remember it blooming but at this point, it seems be pretty happy. My SIL wants a piece of it for her garden, which I am sure she will get some time this year, now that she has gotten her garden started.

Some of our other later blooming irises are starting to bulge. I am excited to see the yellows again too. So much work to do around here...feels like it will never end.

I took this picture in our frontyard with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light, and then added the fuzzy border.
________________________________

Earlier This Month on In My Words...Smile 1/100 First Iris

No comments: