Friday, April 25, 2014

Smile 25/100 Ladder Storage

This might seem like a silly thing to bring a smile to my face but it isn't.

We own two of these extension ladders. One is 10 ft long and the other is 8 ft long (collapsed). Only the 10ft one is here right now but in the past, we have kept them in the attic of our garage. In this house, there is no attic in the garage because the house is a split level and the livingroom is above our garage.

So figuring out a new way to store them has been on the To Do list. The longer of the two is a pain in a butt, because finding a long enough space on the wall to store it, interferes with whatever cabinets or shelves we have.

We do however have a bulkhead in the garage that encloses the ductwork for the central AC and the garage door opener motor. I figured out that if I could get some big hooks screwed into the studs, we could hang the ladders across the garage width behind the bulkhead.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to not have the ladder laying on the floor, having to be moved all the time to get things in and out of the garage. I took this pic with my Fuji Finepix f50 in our garage. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light, and adding the fuzzy border.
____________________________

Our Home Improvement Blog....The Bamboo Lagoon

No comments: