Thursday, April 10, 2014

Smile 10/100 Night Light

So this little lantern came in handy last night. There was a car accident in town that involved an electric pole so our corner of the city was knocked out of power for about 6 hours.

It occurred late enough that it didn't affect us as bad as it could have, but it was still nice to find this lantern in the cabinet with fuel and a wick already in it. Definitely made me smile.

Lately, I have been avoiding big candles...we have a ton of those wax smellies to use up so I have been focusing on tea lights...but then when the power goes out, tea lights aren't necessarily the best option.

We have flashlights but why use up all the batteries when this little lantern available?

I took this picture in the middle of a blackout with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash but the macro turned on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
__________________________________

Eight Years Ago on In My Words...Camping and Fishing

No comments: