Thursday, April 03, 2014

Smile 3/100 New Project

Having just finished a baby blanket for one of our nieces, I decided to start on this neck scarf for my grandma. She tried one on that belonged to one of my aunts a few weeks back and thought it was very cool. I had to look up the pattern online and figure out how I was going to make it.

Yesterday, I picked up the yarn for it and the buttons that will go on it to latch it after it is complete. I started working on it last night...I am hoping the one skein is going to be enough but if it needs two, I will pick up another soon. Purple is one of her favorite colors so I know she will love it once it is done. I am hoping that the yarn is soft enough and not irritating since having something right up against your neck can be itchy.

It is a thicker yarn so I had to move to a much bigger hook but other than getting used to that, it has moved pretty quickly. Being creative in whatever way I can, is always a benefit for me. It allows me to be a little less left-brained for a bit...LOL.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash in our living room. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
________________________________

Last Year on In My Words...Making Progress

No comments: