Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Smile 22/100 New Growth

Although a lot of plants had a hard time of it this winter, I am happy to see the spikes on this bamboo in our front yard...we lost two bamboos in pots so seeing the two we have in the ground doing well, is a relief. if you look closely,  you can see the new growth spikes.

This is a clumping bamboo. It doesn't spead like some bamboos can and if it does, it is very containable. There are two in this bed, the front one (main one in the picture) is a shorter more dense one, and the one in back is a taller reedier one. This bed is pretty self contained because of the driveway, the steps and the porch foundation so I am not too worried about it spreading.

I took this picture in our front yard, in the afternoon with a bit of overcast, with my Fuji Finepix f50. I then edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and adding of the fuzzy border.
_________________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...Getting Creative

No comments: