Monday, April 14, 2014
Smile 14/100 Remote
It seems that the AC was added to the house later down the road and so they put the bulkhead for the ductwork across the top of the garage ceiling. When the garage door opener was added even later, they put it in the bulkhead butted up against the duct work...which makes access to the back of the opener motor nearly impossible.
So even though I had purchased the opener ages ago, the hassle that I knew it was going to be kept me from wanting to even tackle it. Well this weekend, taking this item off the To Do list was a priority...and it was a hassle since once I opened up the drywall a bit more, it was obvious that reaching between the two was going to be almost impossible.
Sitting at the very top of the painting ladder and wedging my hand down the back of the moter from the top, I was finally able to feel the reset button and after erasing the codes, and then hooking up a light so we could tell if the programing was working, we were able to get the new opener remote programmed to work. When that door lowered after pushing the button, I almost jumped off the ladder, I was so excited...
I took this picture in our truck with my Fuji Finepix f50, with no flash but macro turned on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light, and then added a fuzzy border.
Five Years Ago on In My Words...Happy Endings