Sunday, April 20, 2014

Smile 20/100 Blossom

These little blossoms are just dying to pop open and shine in the world...I couldn't help getting a shot of them at the edge of their struggle.

The chives are one of only a couple of our herbs that didn't get wiped out in our single digit wave of weather this winter. Of course the mint (or at least one of the two we had) survived as well but the mint doesn't have a cute little blossom lke the chives do.

I don't end up cutting our herbs and using them in cooking as much as I should...but I can say that the difference in fresh chives versus dried chives is unbelievable...and I do take advantage of those little guys any time I can.

I took this picture in the afternoon on our back porch where the herbs grow with no flash, but macro enabled. I edited this in GIMP 2.6 for color and light and then added the fuzzy border.
_________________________

One Month Ago on In My Words...On My Mind

No comments: