Tuesday, March 04, 2014

POTD Day 4 On My Mind

This is a beautiful blossom on the Purple Plum tree in our front yard.

Last year, we had so many plums on that tree that we actually lost a large branch, so I have a plan to not only thin the tree a bit, but also to knock out some of the blossoms or pick some of the unripe plums before they can become a problem. Last year's bounty was a bit of an abnomality but I don't want to have to worry about it later. Working on this tree has been on my mind a lot the last few days because I can see the new blossoms from our bedroom window and know I need to get to it.

The blossoms are so pretty and it reminds me of the cherry blossoms in Japan...this would be the time for the Cherry Blossom Festival in Nago.

I took this picture on a cloudy day in our front yard with my Fuji Finepix f50, no flash but macro enabled. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
__________________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...Kimono Adventure

No comments: