Friday, June 09, 2006

Camping and Fishing

I went camping overnight last night with J about an hour from here near a lake. It was a nice little escape.

I headed up that way in the afternoon (J was working up there already). We met around 4pm and set up camp at the state park. Then we headed out to find a couple of geocaches, grab some dinner and meet some friends for some fishing. The geocaches were only micros but at least they were in a cool park I probably wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Around 7pm we met up with a couple of friends, one of which owns a pontoon boot. We went out on the lake to catch some catfish but since the dam wasn't running water out, we ended up just spending some time catching some brim and hanging out. It was a lot of fun and when we finally did get back to camp it was after 11pm. We had parked one car on the inside of the gate so we wouldn't have to walk the 3 miles to the campground from the outer gate. Worked out well for us.

We slept in a bit in the morning and then broke camp and headed for breakfast. J had to work some more, so I went to find a couple more geocaches and then headed back towards home. Overall, it was a nice little trip, not too much rain (thank goodness for tarps) and cool enough to be enjoyable. I hope we get to do it again soon but I think by the time we get home from the family reunion in Nebraska it will be too hot to camp again until the fall...

2 comments:

Chicken said...

I'm jealous. The weather has been too crappy to camp. We wanted to go this weekend but they say it will be raining again. Arrrrgg!

... said...

Yeah, we seem to have an extended dry season this year so far...don't know if this is normal or if last year was normal but I don't mind it at all, except for the additional watering I have to do.