Monday, July 25, 2005

Dishonest Practices

This is the picture I took from my office window near the beginning of JulyIt is amazing how when someone is doing something that they know they aren't supposed to be doing, the minute there is a witness, they change their tune.

I have not blogged about the construction going on across the street from my house in some time but it has been progressing, and aside from having to pick up their litter occasionally, it has not been as bad as imagined.

The thing is, that they are almost done with the house now, so last week, a truck from a landscaping company came and dumped a bunch of sand on the lot to be spread at a later date. I might mention here that there was a ton of litter on the lot but rather than clean that up first, they just spread the new dirt/sand right over it...nice huh? But that is the way things are in this part of the country, unfortunately.

Anyhow, today, the little tractor came that is doing the spreading and once that was done, it proceeded to clean up some of the other areas of the yard (mostly yard waste and tree parts). The thing of it was that they were dragging and dumping all this waste onto the adjacent property (which is not developed so only contains trees and undergrowth). I couldn't believe that this was what they were doing, as the little tractor thing is tearing up that piece of property, not to mention the cost to the owner (just because it is not developed doesn't mean it is not owned) to have all that stuff removed at some later date.

So I went out to check my mail and watched for a few minutes from my driveway...as soon as I started doing that, the guy on the ground went to the guy in the tractor to let him know he was being watched and then all of a sudden he started dumping his loads in the dumpster on the property....I didn't even have to say anything. I can't believe the gall of some people. As long as no one is watching, it is okay to throw common decency and consideration out the window.

No comments: