Monday, July 18, 2005

Ugh!!!

I don't know what the deal is but I have not gotten a good night's sleep in ages. I have always been a light sleeper and because of that, it seemed like I needed to sleep more hours than most people to feel rested. I am also naturally a night owl so my best sleep seems to be in the morning (which is when most are getting up).

Unfortunately, neither of those work well with real life living these days. A few years ago, I fixed the light sleeping problem by taking melatonin (which I apparently don't produce enough of naturally) and it was amazing. I could sleep and when I woke up after a normal amount of time, I felt refreshed and ready to charge ahead with my day. This seemed to fix the night owl thing as well because I was getting great sleep throughout the entire night.

I think part of my problem right now is that I get up a million times a night to use the potty...haha. This is due in part because I get home from soccer pretty late and end up drinking a lot of fluid before bed...hopefully this will stop when I am done with soccer (in two weeks). The other thing is just that I can't seem to find a comfortable position...I am a tummy and side sleeper mostly although I have migrated onto my back on occasion. I can't sleep on one of my sides much right now because it aggravates a shoulder injury...

Reality is that all of this is probably just a bunch of excuses to explain that I am just to lazy to get up when my alarm goes off like normal people....I need some will power people!!!!

No comments: