Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Raid Earth Options


Normally, I try to keep my blog commercial free, as I figure most companies are making enough without free advertising on my blog.

I have to make an exception for this product because it is one of those products that is evidence that some big companies are trying to do better for the environment. It is just like good customer service, if you don't give them a thumbs up once in a while, they will stop trying to do good because all they hear is complaints.


I try not to use pesticides if possible but there are a few things I just can't live around. Cockroaches are one of those things but wasps are another. I know, I know, bees and their families are good for many things (unlike the cockroaches) but the wasps around here will just take over your entire outdoors if you do not keep them in check. We have already found several nests around our patio and porch and it is only the middle of July. So anyhow, I was looking for something at the store for killing wasps and saw the Earth Options from Raid. It was marked cheaper than the regular Raid so I thought I would give it a try since it uses plant products instead of manmade chemicals to kill the wasps. I was fully expecting it to work, but not as quickly or well as the regular Raid, and I don't want the buggers to suffer, a quick death is better.

Anyhow, I am here to report that this stuff kicks butt. I am only using the wasp version at this time (so I can't comment on the other types of Earth Options out there), but it has a long stream so you don't have to get too close and it will knock them out of the sky. It kills them immediately without all the chemical aftertaste....

So, for those of you, like me, who care about the environment but are forced to use pesticides once in a while, this is an option that is easier to live with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this product as well as the other two, although they all smell so much alike I wonder if it's the same thing in three different cans.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find it this year and I am in desperate need of some. The stuff we bought instead (not a Raid product) smells so bad that I hate to use it because it makes me choke.