Monday, February 06, 2006

Ferry Passenger Families Lash Out in Egypt - Yahoo! News

If this ends up being swept under the rug, I feel for the families. As this is just the beginning, I won't pass judgement quite yet but I hope that they do a thorough investigation and if there were things done wrong, someone is held accountable.

I guess it helps that they have witnesses...unfortunately because of their social status, they might not be taken very seriously.

The thing that I noticed though, was that the family members wanted to have the names of the victims released. My only experience with ferries are those in the Northwestern US and as far as I remember, we never gave anyone our names...but I guess since they were traveling internationally perhaps they did.

I hope they get the closure and answers that they are looking for. So sad.

No comments: