Thursday, February 16, 2006

1492

Vangelis' 1492...awesome score.This CD by Vangelis is awesome. I have never seen the movie. I currently have the score in my CD alarm clock so I hear it in the morning. It was done very well and I have been hooked on it since the first time I heard it several years ago.

I like to put scores to movies in my alarm clock because they are easier to wake up to than something with words, or the blaring radio or buzzer. They are my new classical music. One that falls out of this catagory a bit is the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Les Miserables. It one has words but it still is a great CD to wake up to and listen through. It feels like you are watching the musical all over again.

Others I would recommend (from the score catagory) would be Last of the Mohicans, Braveheart, Bladerunner, The Piano, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring and The Last Samurai. There are many more but those make the most rotations through my alarm clock.

No comments: