Thursday, October 06, 2005

Toenail Dream

I had a weird dream about my big toenail the other night.

Thing is, sometimes when I play soccer, if my toenails are not completely short, they will ache a bit, like someone stepped on them or something. Just makes the edge of my big toe a bit tender.

Back story is that when I was a kid, one of my aunts had to have surgery on her big toe for an ingrown toenail. Ever since then, I have had this weird paranoia about getting an ingrown toenail. I have never actually had one but I am terrified for some reason that I might get one. Needless to say, this causes me to have a very fastidious toenail maintenance schedule.

I think because my toes were a bit tender from soccer, this instigated the dream sequence as follows: I was checking out my toe to figure out why it was hurting. I had the clippers and the cuticle cutter in my hand. I was pulling on the skin along the outside edge of my big toe to see if it was inflamed or if the toenail was digging in. While I was doing this, the entire outside edge of my toe came loose and kind swung open like a door. I could see down the edge of my toenail to this big piece that was just growing straight into my toe...and there was no way to dislodge it.

I woke up. Weird huh?

3 comments:

Chicken said...

Now I'm going to have nightmares

... said...

Sorry

Mind Sprite said...

What a strange and twisted mind you have, Mishka!