Sunday, October 16, 2005

Field From Hell

I think I just experienced the worse soccer field I have ever played on. Our "home" field is not great but so far all of our "away" games have been far worse and this one today takes the cake.

First off, it was slanted up hill towards one goal. Second, it had a dirt road running the length of it on one side (inside the sidelines). Lastly, the entire thing was sand with a few sparce patches of weeds that once wanted to be grass. It was horrible.

Usually a soccer ball will bounce pretty consistently, but not today, it was like trying to play soccer with a football. It would sometimes just bounce completely in the opposite direction, and other times it would find a particularly deep section of sand and just come to a stop.

I am expecting my calves to be sore tomorrow as I just spent 2 hours running up hill at the beach...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate...our team once played in pouring rain with a flat ball. The team we were up against didn't bring any alternate balls and ours weren't the right size or some bull crap like that...

It was not the best game

... said...

That sounds like an exercise in frustration...