Sunday, October 16, 2005

It Strikes Again

I have the procrastination bug bad...I have a midterm that is due at midnight on Monday that I have only started to work on today (even though we have a week). I have a short paper due on the 23rd that I need to get out of the way before I go on a short trip next weekend and I haven't even looked at it. I am leaving at 3pm today for soccer.

This class is just not that interesting to me and I am not motivated to do school work, or read the book. I have been managing to meet all the weekly requirements (and doing okay at it) but every week, I wait until the last minute to get my stuff done. The issue is too, that I end up putting other things I need to do because I am supposed to be devoting my time to schoolwork...so in the end, nothing gets done. I am sad to say that I watched 3 different movies on TNT yesterday and while I did balance the checkbook and reconcile bank statements during that time, I did NO HOMEWORK.

I was supposed to devote Friday, Saturday, and today to this test (not that it should take that long) since the rest of the week was taken up with the hot tub issue, and J preparing for his trip. Once he was gone on Friday, I had plans to get motivated. Now it is Sunday and I am just starting on the midterm.

One thing I am hoping, is that there will be overlap between what I research for the midterm and what I end up needing for my paper as I hate printing all those resources to just have them tossed at the end of it. If I could use the stuff for more than one project, at least it would be worth it (in ink and paper).

Now there is another underlying issue that keeps me from the computer some. My desk set up is not really conducive to long term computer work. The way it is, my right arm is stretched out and suspended all the time and that causes my shoulder to ache quite a bit....of course I can't totally blame this since it doesn't keep me from blogging....now does it.

Oh well, better get to it....watch, it will only take me a couple of hours and all the procrastination will have been for nothing...

No comments: