Tuesday, March 25, 2014

POTD Day 25 Soft

These are flowers on one of the Phlox plants we have in the front yard. I thought they were so cute and the buds before they open look fuzzy and soft.

It took me a couple of Springs to figure out what this plant was since there were no markers and it was already here when we bought the house. The other day, I was at a garden store and they had a couple different types there so I took a few of the labels so I could bring them home and compare them to ours and it looks like we have Purple Beauty in our bed. The colors on the plants are bit different but I think that might be due to one being in much more shade than the other.

I took this picture in the afternoon with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash and macro enabled. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
________________________________

Eight Years Ago on In My Words...Plants Are Here

No comments: