Friday, March 21, 2014

POTD Day 21 Full

So I have been on this quest recently to try to find a new body lotion that I like that uses less chemicals. My doctor told me to try to stick to "creams" over "lotions" because they have less alcohol in them, which can be drying. I have been a Jergen's Original user forever.

My issue is that I like a lotion or cream to absorb in so that when I start sweating, I don't feel slippery but at the same time, I don't get ashy skin from it being dry. A few weeks back, I took the doctors advice and bought two different "creams" to try. One from Aveeno, and one from Eucerin. Both of them were okay, but because they were fragrance free, they both smelled like oil to me, which is not really a good thing. I don't want to smell like mineral oil which is one of the main ingredient in them. I liked the Aveeno better, I could put it on once a day and it would last 24 hours, but it didn't absorb that well.

So the other day when I was at Target, I decided to give the lotion aisle another look. I found this lotion (it isn't a cream) in the natural section of the aisle and I liked the idea of raw Shea Butter and it has a great smell with things that are good for you. I have been using it for 3 days now. It is super thick so a little goes a long way, but it seems to work well, absorbs well, and the smell lingers, which I like.

Well see how it goes after the bottle is no longer full...(see I did get the word in there...LOL) and making sure it doesn't turn on me. Some fragrances on my skin will turn, this is why I normally put perfumes on my clothes unless they are essential oils.

I took this picture in our living room, with my Fuji Finepix f50, and no flash but with macro turned on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and to add the fuzzy border.
__________________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...Stinky Lotion

1 comment:

June Gaul said...

I use Aveeno body lotion and their body wash. If I use anything else my skin and unmentionables are a mess. I find the lotion soaks into the skin well. Aveeno is made from oatmeal and I found after the body lotion had soaked in which was pretty fast, I couldn't smell it

I wish you all the best on your quest honey