Saturday, May 31, 2014

Smile 61/100 Apricots

Picked these guys up at the grocery store the other day, and while they aren't perfect looking, they were terrific tasting.

Apricots aren't something I get to eat often. On occasion I find them dried and enjoy them that way as well, but it seems like they are pretty hard to find fresh.

The smell and taste of them bring back a very specific memory for me. My great grandfather had an apricot tree growing in his backyard in So Cal when I was a kid and when I eat them, it reminds me specifically of visiting him and my Nana, the coolness of their backyard with the shade of the fruit trees and just being a kid and not really having a care in the world.

I took this picture in our kitchen with my Fuji Finepix f50, with no flash but macro enabled. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
______________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...My Memory Board

No comments: