Saturday, February 08, 2014

POTD Day 8 Water

This picture was taken in the middle of the wading pool of our city park. The wading pool is a shallowed out area of the creek that runs through the park. I was looking down stream right near the "waterfall".

When I was a kid, my cousins and I would spend our entire day in this park for the whole summer. We would do chores in the morning and then make a lunch and head to the park. We would return home around dinnertime.

Our activities in the park would vary from day to day, but we would almost always eat our lunch at the lower duck pond. We would then pick from a number of things. Some days we would climb the big slide and take it over as a castle and turret to defend. Others, we would spend the day in the trails above the park (where I would inevitably get poison oak). Sometimes we would walk in the creek all the way up to the upper duck pond or even to the swimming hole.

I took this picture earlier in the year with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
_______________________________

Eight Years Ago on In My Words...Happy Fourth Of July

No comments: