Monday, February 10, 2014

POTD Day 10 I Am

Waiting...

My cousin gave me this amaryllis flower for my birthday in November. At the time, it was just a bulb with a plastic pot and a compressed clump of potting soil. It sat on my table for a while because I wasn't totally sure what to do with it. I was showing it to my sister in law when she was over and I realized that it was starting to actually grow (probably because our house is warmer than the store was).

It was time to get it going for real. I think I was hesitating because the instructions said it needed 75-80 degree temps and direct sun, which in the middle of winter, our house is never up to 75 degrees and there is no permanent place in direct sun for plants in the house. I decided to go for it anyhow...and when I have a chance, I put the pot in the sun on the floor in one of the rooms.

I took this image in our bedroom with my Fuji Finepix f50, no flash. This pic was taken a while ago so now the the stems are about 18 inches tall but still not in bloom yet. I edited the picture in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
______________________________

Three Years Ago on In My Words...Shutter Sisters For July

No comments: