Sunday, February 16, 2014

POTD Day 16 Create

Two of our nieces are expecting this spring, one right after the other. One is having a girl and one is having a boy.

I decided as soon I heard they were expecting that I would be making a baby blanket for each of them. I started the one for the neice having a girl first, since she is due first.

I decided to do a granny square blanket because I haven't made her one like it before. I wanted to use bright colors, but also use black so that it would have an old fashioned feel to it.

My post from POTD Day 5 is just of the squares as I was lining them up to see how the pattern would work.

This picture is from while I was still working on it (I am done with it now), I had it mostly connected, but not bordered.I took it in our living room with the blanket on the floor with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for light, color and added the fuzzy border.
___________________________

Last Year on In My Words...All Connected

No comments: