Friday, June 06, 2014

Smile 67/100 Electric

My aunt was able to pick up this little beauty for a steal the other day at a garage sale. Right now, she has no grass so she has loaned it to us to use.

It has made mowing the hilly front yard so much easier. It is kind of like vacuuming. I can push it with one hand which makes holding onto the cord with the other much easier. The body is plastic so it weighs a lot less than the other mower we are borrowing from her.

I do find that I need to dump the bag twice while mowing, but that just makes it that much more light. The first time I used it, it was a bit of a challenge to get used to tracking where the cord is at all times so as not to run over it.

It starts up with just the movement of a handle so you can start and stop it whenever you want with no issues at all. When my aunt gets her lawn put in, I will have to seriously consider buying one of these for us, because the hill in front of the house is definintely a challenge.

I took this picture in the afternoon in our garage with my Fuji Finepix f50. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
__________________________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Sunday Duties

No comments: