Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Smile 65/100 More Lavender

Lavender is a mainstay around here. It grows great in our weather and it is such a happy little plant. We have it growing down the medians in town and almost everyone has a bit of it included in their landscaping.

I found this cheery bunch on my walk in the neighborhood and just couldn't pass up the shot. The bees were a bit confused as to why I was so close to their favorite bush but none of them bothered me at all.

I have three new lavender plants to put in a bed in our yard that has a lot of sun...I hope they do well and perhaps I can get save some of the blossoms for drying.

This pic might make it onto one of my future photo cards, I just love how it came out.

I took this picture in the morning light with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash but macro turned on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then to add the fuzzy border.
___________________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Predator Quail

No comments: