Saturday, June 14, 2014

Smile 75/100 New Book

I am a member of the Stephen King Library, so when a new book comes out in hard cover, it is sent to me at a discounted rate. I have pretty much all of his books in hardcover (other than those that were only published in audio or ebook). He is and has been one of my favorite authors for as long as I can remember.

I got on a bit of a horror kick when I was pretty young. I remember checking out these compilation horror books that had lots of short stories in them when I was in fourth grade. I saw Salem's Lot on TV when I was in 6th grade and was just hooked on Stephen King.

I remember my mom reading The Shining and telling me how much it affected her and when I read it, I just couldn't put it down. So for years, family and friends would buy me the books for holidays or birthday. In the early 90's, I joined the library and was sent a hardcover copy of each of his books until all the previously published ones were received and since then, I get the books as they are published. This one came in the mail last week and as soon as I am done with the three books I am reading on my nook, I will be settling into this!

I took this picture in our dining room with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash but with the macro enabled. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
______________________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...My Vice

No comments: