Thursday, June 19, 2014

Smile 80/100 Speed

Couldn't catch one of these guys sitting still so had to get a fast action shot.

When I was a kid and we would come up here, we called them Chipmunks, but apparently they aren't. They are very similarily colored though so the mistake is understandable. They are actually called Golden-mantled Ground Squirrels.

You used to be able to feed them so they were super tame. I remember having one climb all the way up my leg to get a sunflower seed I had placed on my thigh. Now, you are not allowed to feed them, and not only are there lots less of them, they are not eager to come up to humans any longer. Probably for the best but it was still fun to feed them when we were kids.

I took this shot with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash or macro. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color and light and then added the fuzzy border.
___________________________

Three Years Ago on In My Words...Oops, Rufus

No comments: