Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thanks on This Thursday

Continuing project...this week's thanks are:

I am thankful for my Aunt C. She has been a light in my life for as long as I can remember. Growing up, she mostly lived in California but I always looked forward to the annual trips we would make to see her and her family. She has always seems like an icon of fashion and trends to me. She is so cool. Today, she lives in Oregon near some of my other family and I am priviledged to see her everytime we are in town. She is a beautiful person inside and out and has always gone out of her way to make everyone around her feel good about themselves. She has a huge heart and is always trying to help those that have less than her even when she doesn't have a lot herself. She is there for my grandparents, should they ever need her. She is one of my favorite people and I am so glad to have her in my life.

Today is a hard day for me to find something else to be thankful for. I am burnt out in general, but I think that is why these kinds of projects are so important. They force me (and hopefully others) to look deeper to see the beauty in things even when things are hard. So I guess I will say that I am thankful for the willpower to find something beautiful in the small things in my life even when I don't want to. On my walk today, I saw some amazing flowers in bloom and said "ohayo gozaimas" to some friendly people working on their fields or fishing at the beach. The sun was on my face and the breeze was at my back and overall the day is just awesome. I need to take my camera with me tomorrow so I can get some shots of the flowers.

___________________________

One Year Ago on In My Words...They Arrived

3 comments:

Haha said...

Why not take a little video on your walk - I would love to see and hear a mini travel blog of "your neck of the woods" and I would like to see those spiders again, from a distance of course! Your Aunt Carole adores you too! She claims you and your sister as hers!

... said...

I do need to video tape...I haven't done any (except small things on my camera) since we have been here....

Chicken said...

Yay for Aunt Carole I love her so much!!