Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bunco Success

Typical decorative Thai rice basketI had my bunco party last night. Even though I didn't get every little chore done I wanted to get done beforehand, I did get the main and noticable ones out of the way. The house looked good and we had plenty of room.

I made Yum Nua (Thai Spicy Beef Salad), Massuman curry (Thai mild curry from the southern region), and then for dessert Khao Neao Mamuang (Mango with sweet sticky rice). I had Chai yen (Thai tea) and a couple bottles of wine as well. Everyone liked the food and some even took leftovers home so I didn't have to worry about running out. The mango dessert could have been better but overall the food was a success.

The gifts were a hit (rice baskets from Thailand) and the weather was awesome so we had all the windows and sliders open and one table was set up on the deck and everyone loved it. Too bad this weather won't last....warm and sticky is on its way..in fact just this morning the humidity is much higher...

I had a ton of fun last night and I think my guests did too. Now I can start focusing on a few other things...

____________________

One Year Ago on In My Words...Almost There

3 comments:

Chicken said...

That sounds like lots of fun. I'll stop by Lillies again and get you some more curry and it will be the right kind this time.

... said...

Thanks sis...don't feel rushed though, I am sure I won't be making it again for a while, but I know that J would love to have some when he gets home.

Haha said...

Yum that all sounds so good - I love the massuman curry dish at our local Thai restaurant, I get it with shrimp and everyone always wants to eat mine - I share, but I told them to get there own next time.LOL Glad your party was a success!