Friday, March 10, 2006

HSUS

Okay, I am a firm believer in supporting animal groups....I should clarify that. I am a firm believer in supporting rational animal groups. I enjoy seeing the benefits of what these kind of organizations can accomplish.

A few months ago, during the Katrina crisis, I sent a donation to the HSUS which I consider to be one of those rational animal groups. I wanted them to be able to help the animals that had been left behind when the cities evacuated during and after Katrina. I wanted to see those dollars at work helping animals.

What I didn't want was constant mail harrassment from them. What I didn't want was cards, T-shirts so cutesy even a grandma wouldn't wear them, and now umbrellas. I can buy an umbrella if I want one.

I want you to spend the money I send you on the animals, you idiots. Leave me alone, because now, I will never send you another dime. It is obvious to me that you do not know how to spend money correctly, at least not in this donor's eyes.

1 comment:

P'nut said...

ARGH. It's such a shame when they do shite like that. But what's an even bigger shame is that some people donate to causes for the stuff they get in return, which defeats the frickin' purpose! That's why a lot of charities spend money on promotional items (granted, sometimes they are donated by large corporations or even small businesses, but still!). I'm with you on this one, the money should go DIRECTLY to helping the animals & they should stop with the other crap.