Friday, December 06, 2013

POTD Day 6 Shadow

We have been scheduled for a storm since last week...and today was the day, although the time continued to change. Around 2:30pm it started to snow a bit and it picked up from there...by 6pm we had 5-6 inches of snow on the ground.

I had started making one of my favorite Thai/Vietnamese soup earlier in the day, and I needed a couple of fresh ingredients, so I decided to bundle up in all my snow gear and walk to the grocery store (about a mile away).

Before taking off for the grocery store, I had been listening to a live stream of our state police, local police, and department of transportation feeds. The roads were a complete mess which is why I knew I was going to be walking. I can drive in the snow, but absolutely didn't want to take any chances that someone else would slide into our truck. I felt bad for some of the drivers out there because the department of transportation made the pass "chains required" so there were lots of people stopping in town to get chains for their cars. I walked by three different people trying to install chains on their cars in the parking lot of a local DIY store.

While out, I thought I could take some pics in the snow, which I did. We have a street light right next to our house and this picture is from next to that before I started the hike to the store. The walk ended up being a fantastic workout and I was actually perfectly warm the entire time.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix F50, no flash under snowy skies with only the street light for illumination. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 with an auto correct for color and light and then added the fuzzy border.
_________________________

Last Year on In My Words...MCP Project For August

No comments: