Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MCP Project August

These are my submissions (so far) for the MCP Project August Challenges. I was able to complete two of the challenges without too much trouble, but need to focus if I am going to get the next two done in time.

Sports
This was for Challenge #2 which was to take an image that reflects Sports of some kind in honor of the 2012 Olympics. Walking has been glorious recently, especially with all the visiting family. I couldn't help but step back and get this shot of everyone. I used a filter script in GIMP 2.6 to border and sepia this image after I had already done a color and light auto balance.

Gold
This was Challenge #4 for the month and it too was pretty easy to do. We had to capture Gold in our image. I had this great macro from the same walking trail in the previous image and the gold in it just stood out. This challenge was also in honor of the Olympics this year. I kept waiting for a breeze to come and change the shape and look of these guys but it never happened and I am glad or I wouldn't have gotten the shot. I only did an auto balance and black fuzzy border in GIMP 2.6 to enhance this image. Once again, great morning light!
______________________________

Eleven Years Ago on In My Words...Seawall

No comments: