Friday, January 12, 2007

Sometimes I Wonder

Okay, we went to NY City this summer and I have had pictures and souveniors ready to put in an album for ages but I couldn't do it because I couldn't find the postcards I purchased to keep for the book...I figured I would find them eventually but had honestly looked every where that I thought they would be.

I had just about resolved myself to the fact that I was going to have to do the book without them, when today, while looking for a pen in the glove box of our truck, J stumbled upon them. I am such a dork....guess that means getting that travel book done is now on my list of things to do. I really need to get pictures from our trip and the holidays uploaded to York because they are having a sale on prints until the 16th and I don't want to pay more for prints than I have to...

8 comments:

Mind Sprite said...

My grandpa always said the best way to find stuff was to stop looking for it!

Mishka said...

That seems to work for me lately...

Just a Girl said...

Tucked away somewhere safe...I do that and find things much later and then wonder why I thought that was such a good place.

Mishka said...

Yeah, I am terrible about putting things in a "safe place" and then not remembering where the safe place is.

I knew I had put the postcards somewhere, because I wanted to make sure I didn't get them mixed up with the ones I buy to send out, but I just couldn't remember where and all the obvious places just didn't have them in them.

kilgorsky said...

I'd live to visit NYC again.

Mishka said...

It was a great trip...you can get a synopsis of it on my travel blog...the link is on the side bar in the part of other places I post...it was a lot of fun and we didn't even spend a buttload of money.

Violet said...

I'm a scrapbooking junkie... Although, the addiction comes and goes in waves. I am the same way about refusing to start on that type of project until I feel like I have every single shred of material that I need for it.

Mishka said...

I don't do scrapbooking in the sense that most people think of it now...but I usually fill a regular photo album with pictures, postcards, and any flat souveniors I have from a trip. If I were to do scrapbooks with only a couple of pictures per page...I would have monster photo albums because I take lots of pictures...