Friday, January 05, 2007

New Cabinet

J made me this cool cabinet for our fish tank to sit on since our current fish tank stand is not looking so hot and has no place to hide the stuff.

Upperside view, raw and clamped

Problem is, this cabinet is so cool looking (and it matches, in style, our buffet in our dining room) that I don't want to ruin it by putting the fish tank on it. I am afraid that the little bit of water, condensation or salt that gets out of the tank will ruin the wood. I need to find something to put between the wood and the tank to try to protect it some.

Upperside view finished

Anyhow, here are three pics of it...one as it was being made and glued and two of it finished (we had even ironed on the paper to the sliding screens). Isn't it nice?

Front view finished

9 comments:

Violet said...

I am always so impressed with people who are skilled enough to create things like this. I would feel the same way about being afraid of messing it up...

P'nut said...

That's lovely. I love it when men have such wonderful talents.

I would recommend getting a sheet of clear plexiglass cut to size.

Girl said...

That is so nice. I covet.

The plexiglass sounds like a good idea.

... said...

Yes, he is very talented...and I have thought plexiglass might be the way to go...thanks for the suggestions.

Mind Sprite said...

That's beautiful! That's a talented guy you've got there :)

You could also get a sheet of glass cut to size, at a window shop or a framing place.

SJ said...

Not bad at all!

Now get him to make a real-life boy out of wood! :)

... said...

That is funny....dont' know if he is that good.

Chicken said...

Very nice. Ok I need one now. ;-)

Mynde Mayfield said...

J is a stud!