Thursday, November 16, 2006

Power Outage

We had some wind and rain last night...all the gunk coming up from the Gulf states and the power was out when I woke up this morning.

Wasn't bad, except I couldn't make any coffee, but otherwise, I just read my book and ate cereal. It is funny how you forget about it and try to turn lights on automatically or realize that you won't be able to put your contacts in, in the bathroom because it is too dark in there.

Fortunately, we have lots of windows and skylights in this house and it made most normal functioning, okay. Power is back on now (obviously) and I need to get to work. Guess I can make some lunch now.

2 comments:

Chicken said...

Were the tornados near your house?

... said...

Nope but down near the beach where we went...I guess 8 people died in one that hit a trailer park.

We just got high winds, lots of rain, some thunder and lightening, and a few power outages.