Monday, November 27, 2006

Busy

Today was a beautiful day. J and I were able to spend some time outdoors and stopped at one point to note how lucky we were and thankful that our biggest worry was if a goose would poop on us. It was in the mid 70's (supposed to remain that way the entire week...so you know that doing schoolwork is going to kill me), the sun was out, and the sky was clear. We could see and hear birds and squirrels rustling around in the leaves looking for food. I can't believe that we are a week from December and enjoying this weather. It won't last so I am going to absorb it all while I can before real winter actually shows it head around here.

The gym tonight was busier than I have ever seen it...I guess everyone was working off all that food and guilt...haha.

I did some walking before I got there (have a new geocache that I am putting out this week) and then did some more cardio at the gym before weight lifting. The way our gym is set up, many of the cardio machines overlook the gymnasium so you can watch people play basketball or volleyball. Tonight it was basketball and I kept finding myself absorbed in their games, so much so that I would laugh or shout out when they would shoot or miss....luckily for me, everyone around me had headphones on.

I hate to admit it but tonight's music selection was C+C Music Factory (first 4 songs are all the same beat and great for the elliptical machine) and Green Day (great for weight lifting and cardio), that is until my shuffle ran out of juice halfway through my last set of cable cross overs...it is charging on the computer right now.

My newest cache (as soon as it is published) is a puzzle multicache. I hope that the local cachers enjoy it...it really isn't that hard of a puzzle but I'll give a hint if it looks like it is not working out for people. The hike to it is shorter than most of my caches...but I didn't have a choice, I wanted to introduce a new trail I found and it is only so long...

Tomorrow is going to be a school day for sure. I have a paper (the same one) due on Sunday and I want to get the final draft done and out of the way, so I can concentrate on the group project. I have to get all my school work done and finished by the 15th of December because J and I are leaving town that day for the holiday. We'll be back before New Year's Eve, but my class is over officially on the 17th of December, so we just have to push the work forward a few days.

I have a lot of things on my plate right now, I feel like if I can get some of the schoolwork out of the way, I can enjoy the seasonal things I want to do, like decorate our house and get my cards and gift purchasing done. With the 15th as a deadline...I am feeling the crunch.

2 comments:

Chicken said...

I know what you mean about the school work. I had to finish two chapters and a case study last night after work. It was due at midnight and I got it in at 9:00. I hate pushing it that far.

... said...

Me too. I almost pinged you last night to see if you were on...I wanted to know if it was snowing there like it was on Monday Night Football....