Saturday, July 29, 2006

Losing My Mind

The other day, I made a bagel for breakfast. I made one for J too because we were out of milk at the time and I didn't want him to go without breakfast.

Later that day, I noticed a bagel sitting in the toaster....I couldn't remember putting it in there and just assumed that J did it before he realized that I had already made one for him and just forgot about it. I asked him about it when he returned home that night but he claims that he didn't do it.

Yesterday, I was getting ready to make some popcorn in the microwave and I found a cooked veggie burger in there. The veggie burgers I buy come in two packs of two. I made one for myself for lunch the other day, which required me to open a new pack to get one out (there was only one unopened pack to start with because we had eaten the other two previously). So that left me with one veggie burger in the freezer. I made the veggie burger on a bagel and I ate it, with cheese, ketchup and mustard. I had cucumber and tomato on the side. I remember all of this.

When I found the veggie burger in the microwave, the first thing I did was open the freezer to check the status (thinking that I must have made another one yesterday or the day before and just didn't remember it), and there is still just one veggie burger in the freezer....

Can someone please explain this to me? How can I have a perfect memory of eating a veggie burger with cheese and condiments and then find both a cooked bagel and a cooked veggie burger uneaten without diminishing the count I know we have in the house of both???? I am losing time or losing my mind...I am not sure which.

5 comments:

Cindy-Lou said...

Maybe you have appliances that magically re-stock themselves. You DID eat the burger but your freezer noticed you were low and voila, more burgers!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is odd! Maybe imaginary eating is your new weight management technique? ;)

kilgorsky said...

Clone ghosts!!!

... said...

I actually suggested to J that he is trying to drive me mad and has found a subtle but effective way to do it...haha.

Anonymous said...

Could they have been stuck together and you actually cooked two, but did not realize it. Just a thought....But I could see J playing with your mind...just his style!