Friday, December 16, 2005

Backcountry.com

I ordered a gift for a family member via Amazon through this company above. The shipping link said that the company shipped to PO Boxes which worked great for me because this family member doesn't get mail at their house (they live in BFE)....anyhow, today, I got the UPS tracking number from UPS and realized that for some reason, the order didn't get shipped the correct way to go to a PO Box.

I called up Backcountry.com and spoke with a customer service person in less than 3 minutes. She was super helpful, and apologetic. She wanted to make sure that the package got there in time for Christmas and listed my options. I could give her a physical address (wouldn't work because of their house location in BFE), or I could have her pull the order back and send a new order to the PO Box in the mean time. I decided on the second option, but when she checked, they didn't have that same gift any longer. She didn't want me to wait for the old gift to show back up before sending it out.

Get this, she offered the next step up, a 10.00 increase, for free to be shipped out today. She even read me the description of the step up so that I would be comfortable that it would meet our requirements. She said if our family member didn't end up liking it (which he will), they would take it back for free too.

So in closing, she pulled the old order, for free, sent out a new order of a better quality, for free and did all of this while apologizing for the error. She was super nice and did all of this in about 5 minutes total on the phone...I am so recommending this company to people. I also get to rate them on Amazon's website and they are getting 5 stars for sure.

Just wanted to bring some Christmas shopping cheer to you all!!!!

3 comments:

Chicken said...

Wow nice to hear that there is still good customer service out there

Mind Sprite said...

Wow, I'll have to check out their site. I always like to support businesses with good customer service. Oh, and bash the bads ones in great volume!

Girl said...

that's the way it should be.