Friday, December 21, 2007

Our Christmas Tree

Okay, a more reasonable size for the tree picture has been obtained and now I can post it. The boxes below it are the tins I keep ornaments in...I just thought it looked too bare with nothing under it (since I don't have gifts under there). The basket is a giftswap gift that I gave away at a party I went to a few nights ago. I ended up with a cigarbox purse that has a sushi theme on the back.

The tree is sitting on top of a cabinet I use to hold DVDs so it is up high (not a figment of your imagination). The lights on it are the led lights I bought last year for our porch rail and they seemed to light nicely on this tree and since they don't get hot I can leave them on all the time...which is nice for me.

Obviously, I didn't put all of our ornaments on this tree (or you wouldn't be able to see the tree) but picked out some that I love and then some that are just sized right for a tree this small. Our new ornament for this year is on it and I believe I put our first year ornament on it as well....just to cover the span. The angel on top is actually another ornament but she is perfect for fitting up there.

I'll try to get some pics of some of my other decorations now that I have all the wrapping mess put away....

3 comments:

Haha said...

What a cute tree! I am so glad that you will not allow the spirit of Christmas to diminish under the circumstances. I wrote J's mom today, and we have agreed that we will be toasting a glass of Cheer on Christmas day in honor of you and J! Shorty has the little tree up that you bought her many years ago. It was so cute and means the world to her! Gma and Gpa's tree is quite cute to. I will try and get a pic to show you!

Anonymous said...

I love it. One to remember.

Chicken said...

Awesome tree sis!