Thursday, April 14, 2005

Jen's Fault

Okay, Jen made a post in regards to this stupid tampon commercial that all women hate and all men don't understand why on Peevishness and Botheration today and this brought another stupid commercial to mind for me.

We have a fast food burger place out here called Hardee's. It is the same as Carl's Jr on the West Coast, I believe. Anyhow, they have these "thick burgers" that are really quite good but the latest marketing scheme has a commercial that just grosses me out.

There is a woman feeding what looks like an infant (can't see the baby, but the posture is the same). She is feeding it a bottle (only because they couldn't get away with breastfeeding I am sure), and talking in baby talk to it. She makes reference to her "good little boy...".

The baby finishes the bottle and she goes to sit it up to burp it and it is a grown man....then the announcer comes on and says "Still eating like a baby....?" then something about "...thick burgers are for men, not..," wimps or weenies or something like that...

Anyhow, I am always in shock when the guy sits up because it is just too gross...and of course J (who probably has fantasies about breast feeding or being bottle fed that close to a breast) doesn't see the issue I have with it...not surprising.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Mmmm... Hardees. We had them in Arizona. Now that I live in a place without Hardees I no longer am subjected to that kind of trauma... although Quiznos still freaks me out.

Jen14221 said...

I haven't seen that commercial here but it sounds HORRIFYING!