Sunday, July 20, 2008

First Time

Yesterday, J and I took a cab over to a different (busier) section of the island to catch a movie. We ended up seeing the new Dark Knight one and it was pretty good.

Interesting thing about movies here, there are about 1/2 hour of previews, and then they plan the national anthem that everyone stands up for. I think this is pretty cool, and even though I don't understand it, I know it is about their king and how much they love him and hope that he has a long life.

While we were in the movies, the power went out. This is the first time that I have ever had this happen and it was kind of weird because we were inside of a mall as well. I guess the whole place went down because of a huge monsoon outside. It only took a few minutes to come back up and the emergency lights were on the whole time we were waiting but while we sat there, we could hear the wind and rain pounding the building. It sounded like a typhoon to me.

By the time we got out of the flick, the rain had stopped and we cabbed it back to our side of the island to get some dinner and some Muay Thai fighting in. The roads in some spots were flooded over so it must have been coming down in buckets while we were in the mall but we missed most of it.

___________________

One Year Ago on In My Words...Bend Rocks

No comments: