Friday, January 25, 2008

Drums Are Mostly Done

Well, I managed to get the drum body cut out and ironed on my third and final square for the quilting project. I have to do some detail stitching on it before I can add the drumstick but it should come out looking pretty nice when I am through.

We found another fabric store and this really cool kitchen store yesterday when we were out exploring. We had soba at this shop near the Ginowan 100 yen store that was awesome and I managed to find a few things to pick out from the store (big surprise there...haha). We also went to eat at this Thai place (that doesn't have a Thai person working there) that wasn't half bad. It wasn't the most authentic I have had (although that would be hard to do since the most authetic I have had is in Thailand or at my Thai friend's house), but it was still pretty good. I had a red curry chicken with rice that was yummy.

We have a few things that are coming up in the next few days to keep us pretty busy around here but I am sure that K and I will find time to laze around as well. I need for it to stop raining so I can get some yardwork kicked out as well as some exercise...the sidewalks are super slippery for walking fast (much less lunges) when it is raining or has rained recently.

We are getting a Thailand shipment in at one of the gift stores we frequent so I guess I will be checking that out next week and then there is a Sophi sale too that will be interesting to see. I don't know that I will get anything for sure but I would just like to at least look as what the options are.

Okay, have stuff to do....

1 comment:

Haha said...

sounds like fun to me!!! I spent the day cooking and baking - it rained all day but now I will relax until bedtime. Have fun!