Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Shaun Alexander


I have to say I am pretty impressed with this person. He is an athlete, a student and a mentor. He is not full of ego or the need to be in the press tooting his own horn. I saw an interview not too long ago and I remember him saying he wanted the best for his team...wow, when was the last time we heard a professional athlete say something like that.

He has a foundation dedicated to mentoring young men, and he is still educating himself with open eyes that football may not be all he does in life. I am not saying he is perfect, (he has his critics out there) but he seems to take being a member of a team rather seriously. I think that current and future athletes could learn a few things from him and I am glad that he is out there to balance the scales on professional sports...egos and all.

No comments: