Thursday, November 03, 2005

Broken

My gift after the break
This beautiful three pieced thing used to be a beautiful one pieced thing. It was broken accidentally this week by someone who will remain unnamed. It was made for me by someone I love very much and I cried for quite sometime after it happened. I don't know why exactly, it is just a thing and the person who made it is still alive and kicking so she can make me something new (hint, hint) but it still hurt an awful lot to see it in pieces. I guess because I knew she made it especially for me and that she signed the back with her love.

I know the unnamed person felt horrible when it happened and knew I would be upset when I saw it, but it still didn't stop me from being both angry and disappointed in them for breaking it. It seems there is a trend in our relationship for items that belong to me to be broken and I guess I tend to put a lot of sentimental value on items (which I should work on), so when it broke, I guess I kind of felt like they didn't care about my feelings or something. It was a sad moment for both of us.

I think I am going to try to find a cool shadow box with maybe black velvet in the back that I can mount the individual pieces in. It will still look cool, but I hope it doesn't make the unnamed person feel like they are being reminded of the breakage everyday. I don't want to hurt them like that.

No comments: