Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Weight Loss

If this week does not do something to push my body into overdrive, I don't know what will.

I am still carrying around the winter coat...even though the scale says I am not, the mirror says I am. I have been trying to be good about not eating too much (we eat pretty healthy, but I think I eat too big of portions most times). I have been drinking diet soda and doing some cardio pretty much everyday but no change.

This week has been a calorie burn from hell and I am hoping that I will see results, and even if I don't, I hope it will motivate me to step it up a notch to get back to the gym more and lift weights. It is so much easier to lose weight when you lift weights at the same time because the extra muscle burns calories too. The only thing is that you usually get smaller (fitter, toner..however you want to put it) but you don't usually go down on the scale much. In my case, I go up on the scale because I pick up muscle mass pretty easily.

It is only Wednesday, and I have ridden my bike for 30 minutes 4 times, have walked for about 5 hours each of the three days and played a 1 hour soccer game on Monday. I have at least 4 more of the 30 minutes rides scheduled, 4 more of the 5 hours of walking and one more 1 hour soccer game before Monday. Oh, and I went to the gym today as well....all of this in over 90 degree temps with tons of humidity...so can we say SWEAT!!!!

I hope to keep up the gym thing and that at the end of all the pain (and I am in pain, especially those little butt bones you sit on a bike with), I will have gained something if nothing more than motivation to continue.

No comments: