Thursday, January 09, 2014

POTD Day 9 Natural

There are these really cool trees in Portland that everyone calls Smoke Trees...I think the real name for them is Cotinus coggygria, and I am not sure the if the smokey look is considered the flower for the tree or not. I just know that they look pretty cool when they get all "smoked" out. It seems, if I remember right, that they are a bit of a mess when the smokey stuff drops down, but I never actually had one myself, just saw a lot of them around so I could be wrong on this.

Anyhow, this one was on campus at a school I was taking classes at and I really wanted to see how a macro of the smokey parts would look. I think it came out really cool, even though it doesn't resemble a tree or even part of a tree at all...it looks more like a galaxy to me, but that is okay, because I am completely fine with taking macros that are abstract and can be whatever you want them to be.

I took this pic with my Fuji Finepix f50, no flash but macro on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color and light and then added the fuzzy border.
_____________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...Solar Eclipse

No comments: