Thursday, January 23, 2014

POTD Day 23 Bedtime

This is one of my favorite times of the day...I read for at least 30 mins every night. It is how I get my brain ready to sleep. I have never been one that can lay down and fall right to sleep. My brain runs and runs and reading lets me move my brain away from my day and focus on another world within the pages.

I have been doing this since I was a little kid...we had a bedtime, but we could "stay up" later if we were reading in bed. It is so much of a habit that even if I am up super late, I have to read for a just a few mins to get my brain and body ready to sleep.

For a short period of time, we tried doing the tv in the bedroom before bed, and I found that I wasn't reading at all. I have a hard time concentrating on a book when tv is on. While we still have a tv in our room, we don't watch it before bed anymore...it is mostly there for times when one of us is sick, or if we are working on something in that room during the day and want to see it.

I took this picture of my Nook right before bed with one of the books I have from the libary on it. I used my Fuji Finepix f50, no flash. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
__________________________

Five Years Ago on In my Words...15 Books

No comments: